[Rdo-list] Help getting started with rdo-manager

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 16:40:12 UTC 2015

I am trying to get rdo-manager up and running using the instructions
at:

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/instack-undercloud/internal-html/virt-setup.html.

I get as far as running "instack-install-undercloud" on the virtual
host that was provisioned by "instack-virt-setup" and I'm getting:

  [2015-04-16 15:54:11,499] (os-refresh-config) [ERROR] during configure
  phase. [Command '['dib-run-parts',
  '/usr/libexec/os-refresh-config/configure.d']' returned non-zero exit
  status 6]

There are no actual errors on screen.  If I scroll back a few screens,
I find:

  Error: /Stage[main]/Glance::Registry/Exec[glance-manage db_sync]:
  Failed to call refresh: Could not find command 'glance-manage'
  Error: /Stage[main]/Glance::Registry/Exec[glance-manage db_sync]:
  Could not find command 'glance-manage'

It seems as if the script did not install openstack-glance.  Is this a
known problem?

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {freenode,twitter,github}
Cloud Engineering / OpenStack          | http://blog.oddbit.com/