[Rdo-list] Help getting started with rdo-manager

James Slagle jslagle at redhat.com
Thu Apr 16 17:29:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:40:12PM -0400, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> I am trying to get rdo-manager up and running using the instructions
> at:
>
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/instack-undercloud/internal-html/virt-setup.html.
>
> I get as far as running "instack-install-undercloud" on the virtual
> host that was provisioned by "instack-virt-setup" and I'm getting:
>
>   [2015-04-16 15:54:11,499] (os-refresh-config) [ERROR] during configure
>   phase. [Command '['dib-run-parts',
>   '/usr/libexec/os-refresh-config/configure.d']' returned non-zero exit
>   status 6]
>
> There are no actual errors on screen.  If I scroll back a few screens,
> I find:
>
>   Error: /Stage[main]/Glance::Registry/Exec[glance-manage db_sync]:
>   Failed to call refresh: Could not find command 'glance-manage'
>   Error: /Stage[main]/Glance::Registry/Exec[glance-manage db_sync]:
>   Could not find command 'glance-manage'
>
> It seems as if the script did not install openstack-glance.  Is this a
> known problem?

Yes, there was a change to puppet-glance that was not compatible with the
existing packaging:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/puppet-glance/+bug/1444974

The bug ended up WONTFIX, as it's getting fixed on the packaging side. Those
fixes are in flight, and we hope to get it working again today.

--
-- James Slagle