Re: [Rdo-list] Packstack and rdo-manager, looking forward.

Hi,

On 08/14/2015 10:56 PM, Outback Dingo wrote:
Id plainly like to see a breakdown of how this compares to say FUEL, or
HP Helion, or IBMs openstack deployments
Though Id also like to see someone get RDO to work with XENServer
deployments also, seems RDO is pretty much kvm based only

While any compute nodes deployed by RDO would be KVM nodes, I don't see any reason that someone couldn't add Hyper-V, ESX or Xen nodes to Nova's compute pool with RDO - the bits are the same as upstream Nova, and of course whether such a configuration is supported is not an issue.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that CERN deploys Hyper-V and KVM nodes using RDO. I don't see any reason why someone couldn't do the same with Xen, and document any issues they have on rdoproject.org

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338