[Rdo-list] openstack-puppet-modules branches

Martin Mágr mmagr at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 11:09:50 UTC 2015

On 12/15/2015 11:49 AM, Javier Pena wrote:

> [...]

The reason was to have branch names compatible with rdopkg naming
schema. This currently can be overriden, so we don't need to stick with it.

> Cheers,
> Javier
>
>> AD 1. I'm -2, fork for just one special case is unjustified and
>> keeping everything else in sync would be wasteful.
>> AD 2. After quick poking at it, clear -2 from me.
>> AD 3. Rename branches in OPM repo like this:

I agree, that branch renaming seems most reasonable option.

>> current master -> upstream-master (verbatim copies of upstream
>> modules' master branches)
>> master-patches -> master (non-upstream patches rebased on top of
>> upstream-master)
>> current stable/liberty -> upstream-liberty (verbatim copies of
>> upstream modules' stable/liberty branches)
>> liberty-patches -> stable/liberty  (non-upstream patches rebased on
>> top of upstream-liberty)

Sounds ok to me. But actually Lukas, Gael or Emilien is the ones who
should have a final call about this :).

>> This would work immediately with current Delorean tooling, only
>> required change is to remove source-branch in rdoinfo for OPM,
>> and I hope OPM tooling could be modified easily to handle this change?

We would have to just modify packaging guidelines. Gael can you take
over this? I remember that you were tuning the draft I created.