[Rdo-list] Manila configuration Kilo

Charles Short cems at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 7 15:41:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have managed to get our storage team here to give me access to a NetApp.

So I started reading this in detail -

http://netapp.github.io/openstack-deploy-ops-guide/kilo/content/section_manila-key-concepts.html

and it became quickly apparent that there appears to be no mention of a
particular functionality we may need....

To elaborate -

We have existing NFS exports containing files that we would like to make
available to instances directly with Manila.

All the documentation I have read both from NetApp and Openstack
concentrates on creating new Manila shares, in NetApp speak this means
the NetApp Manila backend acting on an API call to create a new FlexVol
(Manila share) on the NetApp NFS filer.

So how do you import existing FlexVols (NFS exports) into Manila?

I looks briefly at the code and only came up with this Class that looked
promising (but equally may be a red herring)-

grep -ir -B 1 -A5  "existing"
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/manila/api/contrib/share_manage.py

class Share_manage(extensions.ExtensionDescriptor):
     """Allows existing share to be 'managed' by Manila."""

     name = 'ShareManage'
     alias = 'os-share-manage'
     updated = '2015-02-17T00:00:00+00:00'

Am I missing something here (which is entirely possible) or does the API
not yet expose this functionality?

Thanks