[Rdo-list] RDO-Manager Build Plans and building Operational Toolchain for RDO

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 11 03:36:42 UTC 2015

> Sure the list (with the exception of elasticsearch) is at
>
> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/230935/98121514/

Thanks

> I've tried to follow the fedora packaging guidelines as much as possible
> (there were only draft guidelines for golang packages) so that's why
> there are so many of them.

You did it right.

> So would the best way forward be for me to get all these packages in
> Fedora first? My understanding was with RDO we were moving away from
> packaging Openstack itself in fedora (instead keep the fedora packages
> in RDO), would we treat these packages the same way? Or just put them
> through Fedora, then bring them into RDO for Centos/EL only?

Thanks.

Until we have a better alternative for packaging review, we still need
to push them in
Fedora. Moreover, it actually makes sense for operational tools to
have them in Fedora.

When they're imported, we'll just rebuild them in CBS.

> Unfortunately yeah timing wasn't good for me to attend the meeting, but
> I'll try and attend the next one. Just to clarify, the first step at
> this stage is for me to get all packages above through the fedora
> package review process? I am ok to do that, just with ~140 odd packages
> it's going to take a while :/

That's unfortunate, but we'll find more convenient ways to sync up with you :)

Since this is a very large list of packages, I suggest that we just do
a first round of mass
review and fix what needs to be fixed first rather than wasting time
ticket per ticket.
After that, we'll submit them for review and get them approved rather quickly.

If you could push spec+srpm somewhere, I'll try to free myself some
time during the two next weeks
and batch review them. I'll also try to sort out packages that
requires deeper reviews, and the ones
that could be approved in one go after fixing.
As we need two people for a review, we could split the list and
alternate between the reviewee/reviewer
role.

Regards,
H.