[Rdo-list] Openstack puppet modules changes

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:03:02 UTC 2015

> I think it should be better to create a temporary package, with a
> modified spec, to let us test the resulting package from the new
> workflow without touching the existing, and then switch the spec and
> drop the old package, when we'll be sure that everything is working
> properly.

I'd keep openstack-puppet-modules as a meta-package indefinitely, to
keep the same backward compatible out-of-the-box experience.

I'm not clear did you mean to introduce new top-level packages i.e.
SRPM per puppet module?
If so, I'm not sure what's the benefit vs keeping single
openstack-puppet-modules SRPM with subpackage per puppet module and
multiple sources?

Cheers,
Alan