[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [Rdo-list] Rdo-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 4



 


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.


-------- Original message --------
From: rdo-list-request redhat com
Date:03-04-2015 04:10 (GMT-05:00)
To: rdo-list redhat com
Subject: Rdo-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 4

Send Rdo-list mailing list submissions to
        rdo-list redhat com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-list
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        rdo-list-request redhat com

You can reach the person managing the list at
        rdo-list-owner redhat com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Rdo-list digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Devstack - why it uninstalls python-virtualenv? (Kaul, Yaniv)
   2. [Rdo-newsletter] March 2015 RDO Community Newsletter (Rich Bowen)
   3. Re: Devstack - why it uninstalls python-virtualenv?
      (Ga?l Chamoulaud)
   4. Re: Devstack - why it uninstalls python-virtualenv? (Kaul, Yaniv)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:03:59 -0500
From: "Kaul, Yaniv" <Yaniv Kaul emc com>
To: "rdo-list redhat com" <rdo-list redhat com>
Subject: [Rdo-list] Devstack - why it uninstalls python-virtualenv?
Message-ID:
        <648473255763364B961A02AC3BE1060D03CA018E6B MX19A corp emc com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

When I'm installing DevStack, it performs the following:
++ FORCE_FIREWALLD=False
++ [[ rhel7 =~ (f20) ]]
++ uninstall_package python-virtualenv
++ is_ubuntu
++ [[ -z rpm ]]
++ '[' rpm = deb ']'
++ is_fedora
++ [[ -z CentOS ]]
++ '[' CentOS = Fedora ']'
++ '[' CentOS = 'Red Hat' ']'
++ '[' CentOS = CentOS ']'
++ sudo yum remove -y python-virtualenv
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package python-virtualenv.noarch 0:1.10.1-2.el7 will be erased
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================
Package                  Arch          Version              Repository    Size
================================================================================
Removing:
python-virtualenv        noarch        1.10.1-2.el7         @base        1.6 M

Transaction Summary
================================================================================
Remove  1 Package

Installed size: 1.6 M
Downloading packages:
Running transaction check
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded
Running transaction
  Erasing    : python-virtualenv-1.10.1-2.el7.noarch                        1/1
  Verifying  : python-virtualenv-1.10.1-2.el7.noarch                        1/1

Removed:
  python-virtualenv.noarch 0:1.10.1-2.el7


...
++ pip_install virtualenv
+++ set +o
+++ grep xtrace
++ local 'xtrace=set -o xtrace'
++ set +o xtrace
++ sudo -H http_proxy= https_proxy= no_proxy= /bin/pip install virtualenv
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): virtualenv in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
...


Only to complain later:
+++ mktemp -d tmp-venv-XXXX
++ TMP_VENV_PATH=tmp-venv-uUwo
++ virtualenv tmp-venv-uUwo
/opt/stack/tools/build_wheels.sh: line 57: virtualenv: command not found
+++ err_trap


WHAAAAT?
Y.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/attachments/20150303/41f6895b/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 14:19:21 -0500
From: Rich Bowen <rbowen redhat com>
To: rdo-newsletter redhat com
Subject: [Rdo-list] [Rdo-newsletter] March 2015 RDO Community
        Newsletter
Message-ID: <54F60939 7070308 redhat com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; Format="flowed"

Thanks, as always, for being part of the RDO community!

Quick links:

* Quick Start - http://rdoproject.org/quickstart
* Mailing Lists - http://rdoproject.org/Mailing_lists
* RDO packages -
https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-juno/
* RDO blog - http://rdoproject.org/blog
* Q&A - http://ask.openstack.org/


OpenStack Liberty Summit

Last month, I mentioned that the vote was ongoing for the name of the
'L' release of OpenStack. In case you missed it, the winner, by a tiny
margin over Lizard, was Liberty. OpenStack Kilo will be released on
April 30th, and on May 18th we'll meet in Vancouver, Canada, to begin
the work towards OpenStack Liberty.

http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-crowns-liberty-its-next-release-name

If you've contributed any patches towards the Kilo release, you should
by now have received your tickets to the Liberty summit. You can find
out more about the event, and register, at
https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2015/

The CFP - Call For Papers - closed a few weeks ago, and the schedule
of presentations is being selected right now. Watch the various
OpenStack mailing lists for details as they become available.

The nominations for the OpenStack SuperUser awards are now open, too.
If there's some organization that you think deserves to be recognized
for the way that they're using OpenStack to make their industry, or
the world, better, you have until March 17th to nominate them for this
recognition:
http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/superuser-awards-nominations-now-open

As always, RDO will be at OpenStack Summit in force. Come by early in
the show to be sure to get one of our great new RDO tshirts, and the
updated OpenStack command line cheatsheet bookmarks. We'll be at the
Red Hat booth.

We're hoping to see you there!


Packaging

The RDO community packaging effort is gaining momentum, with more
community members stepping up to participate. If you're interested in
helping with the packaging effort, plan to come to the packaging
meeting on the #RDO IRC channel, on Freenode, Wednesday at 15:00 UTC.
Details at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/2015-March/msg00004.html


Hangouts and Meetups

Each week there are dozens of OpenStack hangouts around the planet.
You can see a list of these each Monday morning at
http://rdoproject.org/Events

If you're attending any of these events, please take a few photos, and
take a moment afterwards to write up what happened at the meetup - who
spoke, and what they talked about - and drop a note to rdo-list, or
directly to me.

In February, we had one Google Hangout, in which Eoghan Glynn talked
about the Gnocci project - an effort to rework the way that Ceilometer
stores data, for greater efficiency - both storage and speed. You can
watch this presentation on YouTube at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdphlN9Juk0

And stay tuned for upcoming Hangouts. As the Kilo cycle draws to a
close, we'll have more projects reporting on their progress in this
version, and what you can expect to find when it releases.


Keep in touch

There's lots of ways to stay in in touch with what's going in in the
RDO community. The best ways are ...

   * Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/rdocommunity
   * Google+ - http://tm3.org/rdogplus
   * Facebook - http://facebook.com/rdocommunity
   * rdo-list mailing list -
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-list
   * This newsletter -
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-newsletter
   * RDO Q&A - http://ask.openstack.org/
   * IRC - #rdo on Freenode.irc.net

Finally, remember that the OpenStack User Survey is always open, so
every time you deploy a new OpenStack cloud, go update your records at
https://www.openstack.org/user-survey/ so that, when Vancouver rolls
around, we have a clearer picture of the OpenStack usage out in the
wild.

Thanks again for being part of the RDO community!

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen redhat com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/

_______________________________________________
Rdo-newsletter mailing list
Rdo-newsletter redhat com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-newsletter



------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 10:03:20 +0100
From: Ga?l Chamoulaud <gchamoul redhat com>
To: "Kaul, Yaniv" <Yaniv Kaul emc com>
Cc: "rdo-list redhat com" <rdo-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: [Rdo-list] Devstack - why it uninstalls
        python-virtualenv?
Message-ID: <20150304090320 GB1890 korydwenn cdg redhat com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

On 03/Mar/2015 .::. 14:03, Kaul, Yaniv wrote:
> When I'm installing DevStack, it performs the following:
> ++ FORCE_FIREWALLD=False
> ++ [[ rhel7 =~ (f20) ]]
> ++ uninstall_package python-virtualenv
> ++ is_ubuntu
> ++ [[ -z rpm ]]
> ++ '[' rpm = deb ']'
> ++ is_fedora
> ++ [[ -z CentOS ]]
> ++ '[' CentOS = Fedora ']'
> ++ '[' CentOS = 'Red Hat' ']'
> ++ '[' CentOS = CentOS ']'
> ++ sudo yum remove -y python-virtualenv
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin
> This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package python-virtualenv.noarch 0:1.10.1-2.el7 will be erased
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>
> Dependencies Resolved
>
> ================================================================================
> Package                  Arch          Version              Repository    Size
> ================================================================================
> Removing:
> python-virtualenv        noarch        1.10.1-2.el7         @base        1.6 M
>
> Transaction Summary
> ================================================================================
> Remove  1 Package
>
> Installed size: 1.6 M
> Downloading packages:
> Running transaction check
> Running transaction test
> Transaction test succeeded
> Running transaction
>   Erasing    : python-virtualenv-1.10.1-2.el7.noarch                        1/1
>   Verifying  : python-virtualenv-1.10.1-2.el7.noarch                        1/1
>
> Removed:
>   python-virtualenv.noarch 0:1.10.1-2.el7
>
>
> ...
> ++ pip_install virtualenv
> +++ set +o
> +++ grep xtrace
> ++ local 'xtrace=set -o xtrace'
> ++ set +o xtrace
> ++ sudo -H http_proxy= https_proxy= no_proxy= /bin/pip install virtualenv
> Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): virtualenv in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
> ...
>
>
> Only to complain later:
> +++ mktemp -d tmp-venv-XXXX
> ++ TMP_VENV_PATH=tmp-venv-uUwo
> ++ virtualenv tmp-venv-uUwo
> /opt/stack/tools/build_wheels.sh: line 57: virtualenv: command not found
> +++ err_trap
>
>
> WHAAAAT?
> Y.

Hi Yaniv,

I think you should take a look at this change [1].

Moreover, the project has started to purge all the python libraries installed
from the distros, as much as possible, and they should now fall back to the
pypi versions.

So I think your issue is a bug caused by the latest changes related to what I
wrote above...

Hope it helps you to understand.

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155710/

Best Regards, Ga?l.

--
Ga?l Chamoulaud
Openstack Engineering
Mail: [gchamoul|gael] at redhat dot com
IRC: strider/gchamoul (Red Hat), gchamoul (Freenode)
GnuPG Key ID: 7F4B301
C75F 15C2 A7FD EBC3 7B2D CE41 0077 6A4B A7F4 B301

Freedom...Courage...Commitment...Accountability
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/attachments/20150304/5dba17c3/attachment.bin>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 04:07:53 -0500
From: "Kaul, Yaniv" <Yaniv Kaul emc com>
To: Ga?l Chamoulaud <gchamoul redhat com>
Cc: "rdo-list redhat com" <rdo-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: [Rdo-list] Devstack - why it uninstalls
        python-virtualenv?
Message-ID:
        <648473255763364B961A02AC3BE1060D03CC0C0D10 MX19A corp emc com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ga?l Chamoulaud [mailto:gchamoul redhat com]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 11:03 AM
> To: Kaul, Yaniv
> Cc: rdo-list redhat com
> Subject: Re: [Rdo-list] Devstack - why it uninstalls python-virtualenv?
>
> On 03/Mar/2015 .::. 14:03, Kaul, Yaniv wrote:
> > When I'm installing DevStack, it performs the following:
> > ++ FORCE_FIREWALLD=False
> > ++ [[ rhel7 =~ (f20) ]]
> > ++ uninstall_package python-virtualenv is_ubuntu [[ -z rpm ]] '[' rpm
> > ++ = deb ']'
> > ++ is_fedora
> > ++ [[ -z CentOS ]]
> > ++ '[' CentOS = Fedora ']'
> > ++ '[' CentOS = 'Red Hat' ']'
> > ++ '[' CentOS = CentOS ']'
> > ++ sudo yum remove -y python-virtualenv
> > Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin This system is receiving
> > updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
> > Resolving Dependencies
> > --> Running transaction check
> > ---> Package python-virtualenv.noarch 0:1.10.1-2.el7 will be erased
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> >
> > Dependencies Resolved
> >
> >
> ================================================================
> ================
> > Package                  Arch          Version              Repository    Size
> >
> ================================================================
> ======
> > ==========
> > Removing:
> > python-virtualenv        noarch        1.10.1-2.el7         @base        1.6 M
> >
> > Transaction Summary
> >
> ================================================================
> ======
> > ==========
> > Remove  1 Package
> >
> > Installed size: 1.6 M
> > Downloading packages:
> > Running transaction check
> > Running transaction test
> > Transaction test succeeded
> > Running transaction
> >   Erasing    : python-virtualenv-1.10.1-2.el7.noarch                        1/1
> >   Verifying  : python-virtualenv-1.10.1-2.el7.noarch                        1/1
> >
> > Removed:
> >   python-virtualenv.noarch 0:1.10.1-2.el7
> >
> >
> > ...
> > ++ pip_install virtualenv
> > +++ set +o
> > +++ grep xtrace
> > ++ local 'xtrace=set -o xtrace'
> > ++ set +o xtrace
> > ++ sudo -H http_proxy= https_proxy= no_proxy= /bin/pip install
> > ++ virtualenv
> > Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): virtualenv
> > in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages ...
> >
> >
> > Only to complain later:
> > +++ mktemp -d tmp-venv-XXXX
> > ++ TMP_VENV_PATH=tmp-venv-uUwo
> > ++ virtualenv tmp-venv-uUwo
> > /opt/stack/tools/build_wheels.sh: line 57: virtualenv: command not
> > found
> > +++ err_trap
> >
> >
> > WHAAAAT?
> > Y.
>
> Hi Yaniv,
>
> I think you should take a look at this change [1].
>
> Moreover, the project has started to purge all the python libraries installed
> from the distros, as much as possible, and they should now fall back to the pypi
> versions.
>
> So I think your issue is a bug caused by the latest changes related to what I
> wrote above...
>
> Hope it helps you to understand.
>
> [1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155710/
>
> Best Regards, Ga?l.


Thanks - where should I open a bug? It looks OK on Ubuntu, so should I open on RDO somewhere, or upstream Tempest?
I'm kinda blocked by it.
Y.

>
> --
> Ga?l Chamoulaud
> Openstack Engineering
> Mail: [gchamoul|gael] at redhat dot com
> IRC: strider/gchamoul (Red Hat), gchamoul (Freenode) GnuPG Key ID: 7F4B301
> C75F 15C2 A7FD EBC3 7B2D CE41 0077 6A4B A7F4 B301
>
> Freedom...Courage...Commitment...Accountability



------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Rdo-list mailing list
Rdo-list redhat com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/rdo-list


End of Rdo-list Digest, Vol 24, Issue 4
***************************************

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]