[Rdo-list] Better CMS for rdoproject.org WAS Re: Bugzilla component for website?

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 18:18:29 UTC 2015

On 03/16/2015 01:10 PM, Michael Scherer wrote:

>>> Parts of the site are:
>>> https://www.rdoproject.org/packaging/ is generated from
>>> https://github.com/redhat-openstack/openstack-packaging-doc
>>> and the rest is wiki but it is a good suggestion to replace it with a
>>> light-weight CMS backed by git.
>>
>> IIRC, community.redhat.com runs on Middleman, which is light-weight,
>> static and `git` based run by the OSAS team at Red Hat. We could
>> probably use something like that?
>
> Yep.
>
> I have a ready to deploy ansible task for a automated builder ( even if
> I am looking more and more on using jenkins or something similar )
>
> We are using this for project atomic, for gluster and
> community.redhat.com.
>
> And we (osas) are looking at a converter from mediawiki to middleman,
> for the ovirt project.

We talked, a year ago, about moving the site to middleman. At the time,
the sentiment was that we wanted to keep it in a wiki, for ease of
participation from the community. I don't know that that's a valid
argument any more, since, from looking at the Mediawiki stats, it's
generally the same dozen people making edits all the time, and there are
a number of enhancements that we can make to the entire site experience
if we move to middleman.

It's definitely worth looking at again, and would let us keep all of
this stuff in revision control rather than having it in SPOF database.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org/