[Rdo-list] LXC containers with RDO

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Mon May 11 09:12:18 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 04:17:03PM +0200, Belmiro Moreira wrote:
> Hi,
> I started to deploy a cell in OpenStack nova to use LXC containers and
> I just found this RedHat article
> (https://access.redhat.com/articles/1365153) that mentions that
> "libvirt-lxc" is deprecated in RHL 7.1.
>
> Will the OpenStack nova libvirt LXC driver continue to be supported in
> RDO?

As of now, libvirt-lxc is still in upstream Nova tree. And, this is what
RDO carries too, so it should be in Nova packages carried in RDO.  And,
about being "supported" -- like any other RDO packages, it's
community-supported.

On a related note, you can see the hypervisor support matrix for
different hypervisors libvirt supports, including LXC:

    http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/support-matrix.html

--
/kashyap