[Rdo-list] [RDO-Manager] Merged not CI'ed change of repositories which is causing deployment failure

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Thu May 14 10:00:47 UTC 2015

On 05/14/2015 05:27 AM, Jaromir Coufal wrote:
> Yesterday there was merged change of repositories in the
> instack-undercloud: https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/233196. This change
> sis not CI'ed (I just checked with Atilla) and it is breaking current
> deployment of overcloud.

The change to instack-undercloud did pass CI. The problem was the
corresponding change to CI to use the new repo for promotion did not go
through.

There is a wedge if we want to change the repo location, as it is
changed in three places (Delorean itself, instack-undercloud, and
khalessi). We got the first two changed, and then could not get the
change to khalessi passing and merged.

This change could only happen at the beginning of a sprint, because the
risk of exactly this, and should have happened last sprint when upstream
kilo releases started getting cut.

In any case the below issue is resloved.

> Issue is version of tripleo-heat-templates:
> ORIGINAL: http://trunk-mgt.rdoproject.org/repos/current-passed-ci/
> 0.8.4-post37
> NEW: http://trunk-mgt.rdoproject.org/centos-kilo/current-passed-ci/
> 0.8.5-post1

0.8.6-dev5 is now the version of T-H-T in that repo.

> new version doesn't contain this patch apparently:
> https://github.com/rdo-management/tripleo-heat-templates/commit/55619c68ba7523dcccb228bd788f49f8496791cf
>

> [stack at instack ~]$ rpm -q openstack-tripleo-heat-templates
> openstack-tripleo-heat-templates-0.8.5-post1.el7.centos.noarch
> [stack at instack ~]$ less
> /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/puppet/hieradata/controller.yaml
>

> the line 15 from the patch is missing.
>
> Until this packaging issue is fixed the deployment will be blocked.
>
> -- Jarda

Respectfully,
John Trowbridge