[Rdo-list] [release] Kilo EL7 and Juno EL6 repos available from CentOS Cloud SIG

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Thu May 21 15:31:39 UTC 2015

The CentOS Cloud SIG is pleased to announce the availability of
OpenStack Kilo package repositories for CentOS 7, and Juno repositories
for CentOS 6. These are the result of the last few months of work by the
Cloud SIG membership, and, of course, we owe a great deal of gratitude
to the upstream OpenStack community as well.

The CentOS 7 Kilo repository may be found at
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/cloud/x86_64/

The Juno CentOS 6 repository may be found at
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6/cloud/x86_64/

The actual -release files will reside in Extras, so that you can yum
install centos-release-openstack-kilo for Kilo and yum install
centos-release-openstack-juno for Juno, without needing to mess with
repo configurations.

See also the Juno EL6 RDO QuickStart at
http://wiki.centos.org/Cloud/OpenStack/JunoEL6QuickStart

CentOS cares about OpenStack. We test all of our cloud images against
OpenStack, in the CentOS 5, 6, and 7 branches. The CentOS Cloud SIG is
very keen on facilitating community efforts at CentOS, and we have
resources available for CI, repos, and other needs, which the community
can use. We welcome your participation in this effort. We're dedicated
to ensuring that CentOS is a solid, dependable platform for deploying
OpenStack, and that all versions of OpenStack are thoroughly tested
against CentOS, and vice versa.

You can find out more about the CentOS Cloud SIG, and how to get
involved, at http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Cloud and about
the RDO project at http://rdoproject.org/

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
http://rdoproject.org/