Re: [Rdo-list] [OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Status of RDO

On 11/03/2015 02:21 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
I agree that *-paste.ini files should remain static. Keystone contains the only one that we need to edit (for security reasons) and the patch to move this configuration out of keystone-paste.ini needs attention from the keystone project. As for the installation guide, I prefer to unify the documentation for editing keystone-paste.ini for all distributions. Furthermore, our audience (mostly new users) likely feels more confident about editing files that reside in a less "intimidating" location such as /etc/$service.

Upstream is aware of the issue. We want to replace the SERVICE_TOKEN approach to initializing Keystone to one that uses local CLI calls direct to keystone_manage.

Has anyone investigated whether paste files can be latyered or included? Might be the better approach.