Re: [Rdo-list] [RDO-Manager] IBM H-Chassis install bare metal

On 11/09/2015 05:58 PM, Hugh O. Brock wrote:
On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 08:45:56AM -0800, David Simmons wrote:
Thanks for responding.

That part I understand and have that working right.  The issue I am having is configuring RDO Manager/Ironic to work.

In the undercloud.conf file, you specify the local interface.  This seems to be used for both PXE boot and IPMI operations.  When the undercloud is installed, the networking is not being configured correctly.  If the tagged interface isn't set up correctly, I lose access to the AMM and subsequently the IMM of the individual blade.

If I could get Ironic to not perform the IPMI operations and I have to reboot manually, that would be fine but I don't seem to see how to do that in the documentation.

Dave

There is a "fake_pxe" driver for Ironic that does exactly this --
basically, no-ops all the power management stuff. I don't know exactly
how you turn it on but a google should help.

didn't try it, but should be something like:

1. add it to 'enabled_drivers' in ironic.conf
2. restart conductor(s)
3. create nodes with this driver and don't forget to reboot them when needed (look at the virtual console to figure out)

--Hugh