[Rdo-list] Max VM filesystem size?

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Fri Nov 20 23:37:41 UTC 2015

Ah, it appears that the limit is 2TB because the VMs are created with a
'msdos' partition table on the virtual disks.  I think we need them to
be 'gpt'....  parted shows the disks are big, just the filesystems are
small:

[centos at bigtest2 ~]$ sudo parted /dev/vda
GNU Parted 3.1
Using /dev/vda
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) p
Model: Virtio Block Device (virtblk)
Disk /dev/vda: 10.7TB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    Type     File system  Flags
  1      1049kB  1941GB  1941GB  primary  xfs          boot

Still digging for info on how to use gpt with OpenStack/libvirt....
Nothing yet...