[Rdo-list] Possible bug? Horizon/Floating IPs

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Nov 23 22:56:07 UTC 2015

Just thought I'd throw this out there as a possible bug...  I'm running
RHEL 7.1 and OpenStack Kilo RDO.

It seems that when I terminate an instance through Horizon that has an
associated floating IP, the floating IP is *not* disassociated upon the
instance's termination.  I have to manually disassociate the floating ip
after I terminate the instance through Horizon via:

neutron floatingip-disassociate e28051c5-7fb1-4887-ade9-f1b062523ad7

for example.  Then it frees up.  Back when I was playing with the
Icehouse release of RDO OpenStack, the floating IPs were released
automatically when I terminated an instance through Horizon, so I was
surprised when I did not see the same behaviour here.

[root at os-con-01 ~]# rpm -q python-django-horizon
python-django-horizon-2015.1.0-5.el7.noarch

Just a heads up...

cheers,
erich