Re: [Rdo-list] Possible bug? Horizon/Floating IPs

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply! I think we may be talking about two different things however... I'm not looking to release the IP back to the public pool, I'm just looking to disassociate from a deleted VM when the instance is terminated. After I terminate the instance, it still shows as stuck to the deleted instance, which is kind of pointless.

After I disassociate the floating IP via 'neutron floatingip-disassociate', it releases the IP back to my own allocated IP list, so I most definitely can re-use that IP for another instance easily. I agree that if I unallocated it with 'neutron floatingip-delete', then I may not get it back, but with 'neutron floatingip-disassociate' I still own it as a user of a project.

Just checking if the decision was made to stop dissociating the floating IPs upon instance termination after Icehouse, or if it was overlooked in Kilo?

Thanks for the reply!

cheers,
erich