Re: [Rdo-list] Possible bug? Horizon/Floating IPs

Hi,

We had a 'similar' persistent floating ip issue a while ago that was reported to RH and fixed. All caused by HA routers.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1505700
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/234247/

Summary -

Created a new user/project/router.
Created an instance with a floating ip.
The floating ip correctly appeared on the qrouter and the instance was accessible via ssh externally. We disassociated the floating ip from the instance BUT the floating ip was still bound to the qrouter. We released the floating ip BUT the floating ip was still bound to the qrouter. We logged into Horizon as a different user/project (different qrouter). We managed to allocate the floating ip still bound to the other qrouter to this qrouter. This ip was then associated to an instance. So the same floating ip was bound to two different qrouters and effectively associated to two different instances in two separate projects. When you ssh to the floating ip you connected to either instance depending on the ARP cache.

Charles