[Rdo-list] How to access the 192.0.2.1:8004 URL to get the deployment failure logs

Ramkumar GOWRISHANKAR ramkumar.gowrishankar at nuagenetworks.net
Thu Oct 29 16:27:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

My virtual test bed deployment with just one controller and no computes is
failing at ControllerNodesPostDeployment. The debug steps when a deployment
fails tells to run the following command: "heat resource-show overcloud
ControllerNodesPostDeployment". When I run the command, I see 3 URL
starting with http://192.0.2.1:8004.
How do I access these URLs? When I try a wget on these URLs or when I
create a ssh tunnel from the base machine and try to access the URLs I get
permission denied message. When I try to access just the base URL (
http://192.0.2.1:8004 mapped to http://localhost:8005) via a tunnel, I get
the following message:
{"versions": [{"status":"CURRENT", "id": "v1.0", "links": [{"href":"
http://localhost:8005/v1/","rel":"self"}]}]}

I have looked through the /var/log/heat/ folder for any error messages but
I cannot find any more detailed error message other than deployment failed
at step 1 LoadBalancer.

Any pointers on how to debug a deployment?

Thanks,

Ramkumar