[Rdo-list] RDO-Manager HA Pacemaker in Compute Nodes

Pedro Sousa pgsousa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:47:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I would like to be able to recover automatically the VMS when a compute
node dies as described here:
http://blog.clusterlabs.org/blog/2015/openstack-ha-compute/

I've checked that I have pacemaker_remote.service
and NovaCompute/NovaEvacuate pacemaker resources on my compute nodes, but
it's doesn't seem to be configured/running:

[*root at overcloud-novacompute-0 openstack]# systemctl list-unit-files | grep
pacemaker*
*pacemaker.service                             disabled*
*pacemaker_remote.service                      disabled*

*[root at overcloud-novacompute-0 openstack]# pcs status*
*Error: cluster is not currently running on this node*

Is there a way to activate this on stack deployment? Or do I have to
customize it?

Thanks,
Pedro Sousa