[Rdo-list] How to access the 192.0.2.1:8004 URL to get the deployment failure logs

Marius Cornea marius at remote-lab.net
Fri Oct 30 12:20:17 UTC 2015

Some good Heat templates debugging tips can be found at:
http://hardysteven.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/debugging-tripleo-heat-templates.html

If you're not able to ssh to the controller I'd check first if the
nova instances end up in active state, watch if at any point you're
able to reach them via the ctlplane ip address, maybe the templates
changes break the connectivity. If so you could enable root login via
a firstboot config[1]  and access the nodes via console to see what
happened or do this in the image with virt-customize[2]

[1] https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack-m/rdo-manager-docs/liberty/advanced_deployment/extra_config.html#firstboot-extra-configuration
[2] virt-customize -a overcloud-full.qcow2 --root-password password:rootpass