[Rdo-list] [RFC] RDO Big Tent projects acceptance guidelines

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 5 20:25:52 UTC 2015

Hi,

RDO is growing, and with upstream Big Tent initiative, many people offered
to integrate more projects into RDO.

As a truly open community, we need to set proper guidelines to define
which projects should be accepted or not in RDO.
Below, you'll find a draft for such guidelines, and I would like to receive your
feedback

Projects have to
1. be part of the OpenStack upstream ecosysem (e.g licenses)
2. have an identified downstream maintainer

Maintainers have to
1. provides packages that complies with Fedora packaging guidelines minus
exceptions granted by the RDO team [1]
2. commit to fix tickets reported on RDO bug tracker
3. fix FTBFS[2] in stable and master branches
4. commit to integrate and maintain their project in RDO CI
5. agree to license packaging under the MIT license (default) or any approved
license by Fedora Legal.

As long as all these conditions are respected, any project is welcome under
RDO :)

If everyone agrees, we will publish these guidelines on our website.

Regards,
H.

[1] RDO team to be understood as the community behind the maintenance of RDO,
not RDO Engineering which is an internal team from Red Hat.
[2] Fail to Build From Source