[rdo-list] FYI.. newton has been promoted again

James Slagle jslagle at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 16:11:54 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:48:20PM -0400, Wesley Hayutin wrote:
> Two in a row for newton master
> https://ci.centos.org/view/rdo/view/promotion-pipeline/job/rdo-delorean-promote-master/634/
>
> Sagi,
> I would expect that the tripleo periodic jobs would pass on their next run
> and update the tripleo pin [1]
> periodic-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha is passing, however
> periodic-tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-nonha is timing out.
> Please investigate the nonha job tomorrow.

It's the same issue that it's been for quite a while. Our nonha test uses
undercloud ssl, and Ironic had a regression in switching to use the public
endpoint during instance deployment instead of the internal endpoint. Since the
public endpoint uses SSL, IPA can not verify the server certificate.

TripleO Bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1613088

Ironic Bug (shows root cause):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1613331

The Ironic fix we've been trying to get merged:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/355537/
(their CI has been done for a few days due to unrelated reasons).

I'd recommend that RDO CI switch to also configure SSL on the undercloud, for
at least some jobs. I don't think it makes a lot of sense to promote a repo
that doesn't work with SSL for TripleO's case, but perhaps it does for RDO.

--
-- James Slagle