Re: [rdo-list] Python-shade in RDO

On Aug 26, 2016 07:09, "Graeme Gillies" <ggillies redhat com> wrote:

> Sorry I'm a bit confused here, are you actually saying that shade can't
> be in RDO because it lives in a slightly different git repo location, a
> location by which, is still referenced as perfectly valid for openstack
> projects in Big tent
>
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/projects.yaml
>
> I'm also confused why you think the clients should also be moved out of
> rdo into another repo as well. This is just splitting the repos up
> needlessly isn't it? Shade, like oslo and other Openstack libraries,
> should be part of RDO.

Problem with Shade is that it'd branchless so putting it into one RDO release repo won't work. That's why separate repo is suggested, which would also solve the other issue Haikel mentioned: upstream infra enables RDO repo only to get openvswitch which is not in EL7 base, so we would put that in rdo-extras.

Cheers,
Alan