[rdo-list] Blog posts from last week

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 15:14:55 UTC 2016

Here's some more great blog posts from last week, as we wind down to the
end of the year.

TripleO to deploy Ceph standlone by Giulio Fidente

Here is a nice Christmas present: you can use TripleO for a standalone
Ceph deployment, with just a few lines of YAML. Assuming you have an
undercloud ready for a new overcloud, create an environment file like
the following:

Read more at http://tm3.org/d1

Printed TripleO cheatsheets for FOSDEM/DevConf (feedback needed) by
Carlos Camacho

We are working preparing some cheatsheets for people jumping into TripleO.

Read more at http://tm3.org/d2

ANNOUNCE: New libvirt project Go language bindings by Daniel Berrange
I’m happy to announce that the libvirt project is now supporting Go
language bindings as a primary deliverable, joining Python and Perl, as
language bindings with 100% API coverage of libvirt C library. The
master repository is available on the libvirt GIT server, but it is
expected that Go projects will consume it via an import of the github
mirror, since the Go ecosystem is heavilty github focused (e.g.
godoc.org can’t produce docs for stuff hosted on libvirt.org git)

Read more at http://tm3.org/d3

**A Quick Introduction to Mistral Usage in TripleO (Newton)	For
developers** by jpichon

Since Newton, Mistral has become a central component to the TripleO
project, handling many of the operations in the back-end. I recently
gave a short crash course on Mistral, what it is and how we use it to a
few people and thought it might be useful to share some of my bag of
tricks here as well.

Read more at http://tm3.org/d4

Lifecycle support changes for Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10 and beyond
by Peter Pawelski, Product Marketing Manager, Red Hat OpenStack Platform

During the past six years, OpenStack has evolved rapidly. The OpenStack
community itself has grown to more than 60,000 strong, with support from
a wide array of technology vendors across the globe. Customers are
pushing OpenStack into production and starting to realize the many
benefits OpenStack has been promising them.

Read more at http://tm3.org/d5

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
RDO Community Liaison
http://rdoproject.org