[rdo-list] Dashboard missing create image via URL

Deon Cui deon.cui at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 10:06:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am fairly new to OpenStack. Yesterday I installed RDO via packstack AIO.

Now I am trying to follow the guide on the RDO website called “Running an Instance”.

Upon "Step 4: Add an image" it instructs the user to put in a URL to the image in the Image Location field.

I am unable to do this step because on my install of RDO it is not possible to enter in a URL. I cannot choose between “File” or “URL” Source Types. There is only “File” and it is pre-selected.

I have already been to the openstack docs and looked at the example screenshots and they have “File” and “URL”.

So I am wondering is my installation borked somehow? Or has the URL/Image Location option been recently removed?

Deon