[Rdo-list] Openstack deployed in Openstack and 'external' access

Marius Cornea marius at remote-lab.net
Thu Feb 18 21:17:51 UTC 2016

Hi David,

Yes, I believe a flat network should work but you might have to enable
the NoopFirewallDriver on the OBM to disable the anti spoofing rules.

I found some instructions here:
https://gist.github.com/djoreilly/db9c2d32a473c6643551
Note that I haven't tested this so use it with precaution if you choose so.

Thanks,
Marius

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM, David Ocana <docana at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Marius,
>
> Would it work if the external network was the untagged vlan? Does this make
> sense?
>
> Thanks,
> David
>

> On 18/02/2016 20:39, Marius Cornea wrote:
>>
>> Hi Charles,
>>
>> If I understand it right - since you are creating the external network
>> with a vlan tag then the OV controller(nova instance in the OBM
>> openstack) needs to send tagged frames which afaik doesn't work since
>> ovs strips the tag. I see there's a blueprint[1] for vlan aware vms
>> but it's not implemented.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/specs/liberty/vlan-aware-vms.html
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Charles Short <cems at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I successfully deployed RDO Manager Liberty HA with VLANS  on some HP
>>> blades
>>> + in-chassis switches with trunked VLANs ports (call this OBM  (Openstack
>>> Bare Metal))
>>> I wanted to deploy a test Openstack environment within this (call this OV
>>> (Openstack Virtual))
>>> So I created two instances in OBM, and used packstack to roll out one
>>> controller and one compute node configured with vxlan tenant networks.
>>> This all worked and I can fire up an instance in OV, and it gets an ip.
>>> I then created an external network in OV with a VLAN id that matches an
>>> OBM
>>> network. The plan was to access an instance in OV from an instance in