[Rdo-list] Developing Horizon dashboards with RDO

Gregor Berginc gregor.berginc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 08:53:05 UTC 2016

OpenStack dashboards are installed in /usr/share/openstack-dashboard. Since
this directory also contains the manage.py script I wanted to see if it is
possible to use it for development of new plugins. I started the server
(along with the actual Horizon) using:

sudo python manage.py runserver 0.0.0.0:8888

When I navigated to http://host:8888/ I got the dashboard but without any
style (see http://imgur.com/EKS1PIQ). When I restart the httpd, it is
properly refreshed, but it is a bit cumbersome to develop and debug the
plugin with this approach.

I resolved it as Kevin suggested by cloning another copy of Horizon and
working with it there.

Thanks,
-Gregor