[rdo-list] [Arm-dev] next steps for altarch with ceph and openstack

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Thu Jul 7 15:41:37 UTC 2016

>>> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11085 (ceph)
>>> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=11086 (virt/kvm-common)
>>
>> I looked at this bug, but I couldn't tell exactly what packages you
>> wanted in here, and why the existing KVM packages weren't sufficient.
>> Could you just sketch out a brief summary?
>
> You are right. I am sometimes still lost in CentOS repository structure.
>
> What is in x86-64 virt/kvm-common repository is present in os/ one for
> aarch64 already. Only qemu-kvm-ev update (2.7.1 -> 2.10.1) would be nice
> to have.

We can pull this in.

> So we can kill that dependency from centos-release-openstack-mitaka
> package. Added note to the bug (I lack permissions to close it as notabug).

I might suggest that for now (until we get the mirror bits sorted), we
create a centos-release-mitaka-altarch package. This would avoid needing
to mess with the existing x86_64 bits. once everything is aligned, then
we can obsolete/provides the replacement and use the standard package
across all architectures.

--
Jim Perrin