[rdo-list] tripelo installation

Tzach Shefi tshefi at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 19:49:25 UTC 2016

Hi Dotan,

What do you mean by freeze versions with triple0?

How difficult it is to upgrade depends on your deployment.
Is it going to be HA or not how many nodes which components do you use,
which storage backend.
It's hard to say without looking at the whole picture.
>From my experience upgrading has improved greatly since I started Packstack
based Havana to Icehouse upgrades.

Check these guides:
https://www.rdoproject.org/tripleo/
https://keithtenzer.com/2016/05/30/red-hat-openstack-platform-8-lab-configuration-using-openstack-director/
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en/red-hat-openstack-platform/8/director-installation-and-usage/director-installation-and-usage.

Tzach

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 8:47 PM, Dotan, Alon <alon.dotan at hpe.com> wrote:

> Few questions about tripleo:
>
> I got a requirement from my boss to create a production environment of
> openstack, usually I’m using packstack since he is very easy and robust
> installer,
>
> The issue is that the repos of the release kept for 3 versions only which
> breaks packstack
>

> My questions is:
>
> ·         Can I freeze versions with tripleo or there is any downloads
> from the net in the deployments?
>
> ·         How difficult is to upgrade versions
>
> ·         Can someone redirect me to a guide that explain how to build
> the topology and how to add compute / publish configuration change to the
> environment?
>

> Thanks,

*Tzach Shefi*
Quality Engineer, Redhat OSP
+972-54-4701080 <callto:+972-52-4534729>