[rdo-list] [CentOS-devel] Rebuilding OpenStack for AArch64

Thomas Oulevey thomas.oulevey at cern.ch
Fri Jun 10 13:04:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

>> How we can proceed? I think that first idea is good as it allows us to do
>> builds without touching x86-64 tag before we are ready for merging. But I do
>> not have koji experience so may be wrong.
>
> New tag is the way to go, we don't want to block x86_64.

+1

The status, we have a blocker with mergerepo / mergerepo_c [1] which are
not merging package with a dist tag different on the source package and
the binary.

e.g:

I had to leave the problem on the side during 6.8 cycle but we are
resuming some work this week with Brian and hope to understand better
the problem.

--
Thomas

[1]:

$ repoquery
--repofrompath=reponame,http://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/repos/storage7-ceph-jewel-el7-build/latest/aarch64/
--repoid=reponame  -q json-c

return no result

The mergerepo tasks (mergerepo_c because it is more verbose, same issue
with mergerepo):
https://cbs.centos.org/kojifiles/work/tasks/4276/94276/mergerepos.log

"""
19:33:02: Reading metadata for json-c (0.11-4.el7.aarch64)
19:33:02: Package json-c has forbidden srpm json-c-0.11-4.el7.src.rpm
"""

(REf in github :
https://github.com/rpm-software-management/createrepo_c/blob/master/src/mergerepo_c.c#L784)

$ rpm -qpi
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/aarch64/Packages/json-c-0.11-4.el7.aarch64.rpm
warning:
http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/os/aarch64/Packages/json-c-0.11-4.el7.aarch64.rpm:
Header V4 RSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 305d49d6: NOKEY
Name        : json-c                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.11                              Vendor: CentOS
Release     : 4.el7                         Build Date: Fri 24 Apr 2015
02:25:38 UTC
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: arm64.centos.lab
Group       : Development/Libraries         Source RPM:
json-c-0.11-4.el7.src.rpm
Size        : 151697                           License: MIT
Signature   : RSA/SHA1, Wed 29 Jul 2015 13:30:29 UTC, Key ID
6c7cb6ef305d49d6
Packager    : CentOS BuildSystem <http://bugs.centos.org>
URL         : https://github.com/json-c/json-c/wiki
Summary     : A JSON implementation in C
Description :
JSON-C implements a reference counting object model that allows you to
easily
construct JSON objects in C, output them as JSON formatted strings and parse
JSON formatted strings back into the C representation of JSON objects.

So it means that aarch64 buildroot is not complete and therefore the
build fails if certain dependencies are not found. (which is teh case
for ceph jewel)