[Rdo-list] packstack being -release file aware

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Mar 23 18:05:59 UTC 2016

On 21/03/16 19:17, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi,
>
> when doing a packstack install over multiple nodes, I need to pre-seed
> the machines with centos-release-openstack-liberty.noarch ; should'nt
> packstack be able to do that itself given that it does attempt the
> rdo-release ( which does not exist on CentOS Linux 7/ ) and epel-release
> ( which is defunct now, since payload is included entirely in the CentOS
> Cloud SIG repos )

As a user, its super irritating that I cant just deploy a bunch of
machines and have packstack do its thing. Having to first login ( or
deploy some config management thing / edit customise kickstarts ) and
have the repos already setup ahead of time seems very non friendly.

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh