[rdo-list] Access undercloud / overcloud vms via public ip addresses

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri May 20 00:01:05 UTC 2016

On 05/18/2016 04:53 AM, Edward Ahern wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm installing Openstack via tripleo-quickstart. Is it possible to assign ip addresses other than the defaults to the undercloud / overcloud vm's such that they are publicly accessible within our networks?
> I have seen this to configure undercloud.conf: http://ucw-bnemec.rhcloud.com/
> But the undercloud vm itself is assigned a 192.168.23.x address so that also needs to be modified somewhere.
This is getting to be a critical issue; lots of people are geting a
headache trying to talk to the VMs.

We need tutorial walking through the basic use cases.

I had some success today with a related but different problem, which was
getting a second machine, parallel to the undercloud, to talk to the
overcloud:

https://adam.younglogic.com/2016/05/reproducing-ovs/

What I think we need is a comparable walkthrough of taking a baseling
OOO install and connecting both the undercloud and the overcloud to the
external network.

Any takers?