[rdo-list] What am I supposed to clone

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Sun May 29 19:54:59 UTC 2016

Guys,

Since I found that our documentation is full of obsolete information,
I tried to reach to people responsible for RDO privately. The response
wasn't particularly helpful, circling back to the same useless docs:

> > Yes, that's  the right one and you can find some other info in:
> >
> > https://www.rdoproject.org/documentation/rdo-packaging-guidelines/
> >
> > RDO project just migrated to https://review.rdoproject.org/dashboard/
> > and we are still working to update the documentation to reflect these
> > changes.

> > Best regards,
> > Alfredo

*headdesk*
Dashboard is not even the repo! It's for reviews only!

Meanwhile, all the documents we have continue to state things like:

   RDO packages currently use Fedora dist-git and fedpkg is used to obtain it,
   for example:

      $> fedpkg clone openstack-nova

   With all the prerequisites met, it's time to clone the package dist-git
   using fedpkg.

      $> fedpkg clone openstack-$PROJECT

(in https://www.rdoproject.org/documentation/rdo-packaging/)

Naturally, anyone doing "fedpkg clone openstack-swift" gets a "dead.pacakge"
stub.

So, what do everyone clone? If someone could do this, it would be helpful:

  grep url openstack-nova/.git/config

Greetings,
-- Pete