[rdo-list] [TripleO] How to build disk images?

John Trowbridge trown at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 13:37:17 UTC 2016

On 09/12/2016 12:27 PM, Alejandro Andreu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to update an image in the tripleo-puppet-elements repository[0].
> More precisely, I need to update "overcloud-network-midonet".
>
> Before pushing changes upstream I would like to build and test the
> images locally, but I'm having issues finding documentation to do so.
>
> I found a tripleo-incubator doc[1], but I'm not sure this is what I'm
> looking for, or if it is indeed outdated. Or is there another way to
> build the images? Also, the README in [0] does not work.
>
> Can you please point me in the right direction here?
>
> Best regards,
> Alejandro Andreu
>
> [0]: https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-puppet-elements
> [1]: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-incubator/puppet.html

There are instructions for building overcloud images in the tripleo
docs[1], and if these are not working the repo for them is here[2].

That said, it is often much easier to use virt-customize[3] on a
existing image to test changes.

[1] http://tripleo.org/basic_deployment/basic_deployment_cli.html#get-images
[2] https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-docs
[3] http://libguestfs.org/virt-customize.1.html