[rdo-list] Adding drivers to overcloud-full

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:40:49 UTC 2016

Check with

http://jaormx.github.io//2016/adding-packages-to-overcloud-images/

same at http://tripleo.org/planet.html

September 20, 2016
<http://jaormx.github.io//>
Juan Antonio Osorio<http://jaormx.github.io//>
Adding packages to overcloud images<http://jaormx.github.io//2016/adding-packages-to-overcloud-images/>

Boris.

________________________________
From: rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com <rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com> on behalf of Luca 'remix_tj' Lorenzetto <lorenzetto.luca at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2016 11:33:34 PM
To: rdo-list
Subject: [rdo-list] Adding drivers to overcloud-full

Hello,

We are deploying rdo with tripleo on some hp blades using custom built images based on rhel 7.

Since we encountered some issues (one of them is a kernel bug confirmed by red hat), we are planning to add hp suggested drivers (be2net and hpsa in our case) to our overcloud-full, which are newer than the redhat provided ones.
Is this a common practice? Which is the best way to do it? Should I install rpm with virt-customize or add a dib module?

Thank you very much for suggestions

Luca