[rdo-list] Trunk and continuous integration: can we use qemu-kvm from buildlogs ("-testing") ?

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 17:15:53 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 5:44 PM, David Moreau Simard <dms at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Right now, delorean-deps.repo [1] provides the "stable"
> repository/release of qemu-kvm [2].
>
> Going back, we can't really find if it was a conscious decision to use
> the stable release than the one from "-testing".
> I'm convinced it'd make sense to switch delorean-deps.repo to use
> buildlogs (so qemu-kvm tagged "testing") in the context where we are
> testing things.

You mean changing delorean-deps.repo in trunk.rdoproject.org?, that
will impact all jobs using rdo trunk repos

> This way, we could potentially catch issues before they land in the
> stable repositories.
> If there's no objections, we could do this early next week.
>
> What do you think ?

I don't think having two moving targets in the same set of tests, a
problem in qemu-kvm will block all pipelines.

If we want to test kvm in testing releases (what i agree), i think the
best way is to create a new pipeline testing master/current-passed-ci
+ kvm testing repos, not using testing repo in all jobs.

Anyway, given the rest of responses, it seems i'm alone on this... :)