[rdo-list] DLRN builder migration to the RDO Cloud on August 16

Josh Boyer jwboyer at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 13:56:34 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 3:16 AM, Haïkel <hguemar at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> rdo-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote on 08/09/2017 08:37:45 PM:
>>
>>> As discussed during the RDO meeting today, we want to migrate the
>>> DLRN builder instance to the RDO Cloud next week. This migration
>>> will give us higher performance for builds, and also tighter
>>> integration of the different components inside the RDO Cloud.
>>>
>>> The plan is outlined in [1], and it will involve a one-by-one
>>> migration of each of the workers.
>>
>> Are there any plans for ppc64le builders?  I can help with tech support
>> or grunt work...
>>

> Nope, DLRN instances only builds OpenStack components which are
> mostly noarch (there are few exceptions), since we didn't have the
> hardware anyway, it was considered not to be a priority.
> IMHO, having CI running on ppc64le would bring more immediate benefis.

We have machines in CentOS CI now, so that should be possible.  Though
I thought DLRN was the repository that CI used, so that seems like we
have a chicken/egg scenario if there is no DLRN repo that includes
ppc64le?

This is likely a dumb question because my understandings of the RDO
bits and pieces and workflow are really limited.  If there are docs
that outline this, feel free to point me (and probably Mark and other
newbies) to them.  If not, could you explain briefly?

josh