[rdo-list] Where and how should the DLRN API based promotion run?

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Wed Oct 4 14:11:43 UTC 2017

On 03 Oct, Javier Pena wrote:
> > I want to follow up this conversation from this review:
> >
> > https://review.rdoproject.org/r/9846
> >
> > For reference, we're talking about the way we will do promotions based
> > on DLRN API using this piece of script I called dlrnapi_promoter[1].
> >
> >   > Attila, John, Wes, I'm not convinced we need a dedicated machine
> >   > for this.
> >   > Can we take some time to discuss if a cron on a machine is the
> >   > right approach in the first place ?
> >   >
> >   > I feel there's a lot of different options available but we haven't
> >   > had the opportunity to discuss them.
> >   >
> >   > For example, a jenkins job that would trigger periodically or
> >   > through content change on the DLRN API result pages ? I'm sure we
> >   > could come up with different ideas.

Sorry if I'm bending the topic a bit, but until we find a consensus on a
new solution, we need to move forward with what we have.
The promotion scripts need to access the images server, to update the
links. We're currently using the uploader user, but have no access.
Can someone add a key we created on the promotion server to allow such
access ?

Thanks.