Re: [rdo-list] Extending/Scaling quickstart-built overcloud

From: rdo-list-bounces redhat com <rdo-list-bounces redhat com> on behalf of James LaBarre <jlabarre redhat com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 5:58 PM
To: rdo-list redhat com
Subject: [rdo-list] Extending/Scaling quickstart-built overcloud

I'm wondering if it is possible to add virtual nodes/services to an
overcloud built with Quickstart, rather than having to re-build the
entire setup.  I would like to set up Swift and Horizon, maybe add in
Ceph once I figure out why most of the HDD in my system aren't showing up.

  Per my understanding at this point you are supposed to run :-
   $ openstack stack update overcloud . . . . . . .
 referencing the the set of newly properly written heat templates.
   And through all releases between Mitaka and Ocata you DON'T have much chance
   to succeed doing so. At least via my experience.
Please, tell me that I am wrong about that.
Boris.