Re: [rdo-list] Settling on container tags

On 10/08/2017 09:03 PM, David Moreau Simard wrote:
Hi,

Could you please let us know what tags we plan on using for containers ?

Right now I see 'tripleo-ci-testing' and 'passed-ci-test' but I also
remember seeing 'passed-ci' although it doesn't seem like it exists
anymore.
It's important that we agree on using a given set of tags in order to
ensure they're not getting caught up in the image pruning.

This script[1] is doing the promotion/pushing of the images. Gabriele was trying to avoid using the proper names during testing, so there are a bunch of WIP ones.

We ended up unifying it just like the qcow2 images, they will be tagged the same as we have the link on the DLRN server:

tripleo-ci-testing = promotion job working containers
current-tripleo = upsteam promoted containers
current-tripleo-rdo = phase1 promoted containers[2]

We have a documentation task to explain all this, I will work on it today hopefully. May take a while to finish it and merge it though.

Attila

[1] https://github.com/rdo-infra/ci-config/blob/master/ci-scripts/container-push/container-push.yml [2] though we don't really test them currently in phase1, we'll promote them nonetheless when phase1 promotes.