[rdo-list] New SIG: OpenStack

Haïkel hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 9 12:38:46 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'd like to announce the beginning of a new SIG: OpenStack.

During these last years, I've been more or less maintaining OpenStack
clients, and I'd like to pass over
that (burden) to a SIG.
OpenStack clients/libraries are quite tied to each other, so it is
difficult to maintain them without provenpackager
permissions, and it is also a lot of work to sync requirements, do the
testing. So we will be working with RDO project
to provide latest and validated OpenStack clients packaging.

We already have ten packagers who signed up [1], and we welcome anyone
who wants to help [2].

So what are our immediate plans:
1. create @openstack SIG group
2. transfer packages ownership to @openstack SIG
3. set up CI jobs to regularly test and validate Fedora OpenStack
clients packages.
4. automate packages syncing with RDO (still require human validation,
no bot!) [3]
5. Enjoy latest and validated OpenStack clients on Fedora.

For now, the focus will be solely on clients.

Regards,
H.

[1] Most of them are either upstream developers and/or active in RDO
and Fedora projects
[2] If you're new in packaging, feel free to join, I'd be happy to
mentor/sponsor you!
[3] RDO has already automated most packaging tasks, and has proper CI
to test against real OpenStack deployments