[rdo-list] ceph-ansible auto builds in cbs.centos.org

John Fulton johfulto at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 20:55:43 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 3:10 PM, Ken Dreyer <kdreyer at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> TL;DR new ceph-ansible tags are automatically built in the CentOS Storage SIG.
>
> The RDO team members have been building ceph-related RPMs in the
> CentOS Storage SIG, including ceph-ansible. Specifically this has been
> handled by Giulio Fidente and John Fulton on the OpenStack (RDO/OSP)
> team.
>
> The reason is that TripleO relies on ceph-ansible to install Ceph, and
> TripleO expects to install a ceph-ansible RPM. So RDO depends on the
> ceph-ansible CBS builds.
>
> In the past Giulio had been doing these CentOS builds by hand,
> rebuilding upstream SRPMs from shaman.ceph.com, for example
> http://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=19762
>
> I have a job running in an internal Jenkins instance that now polls
> https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible every hour and builds any new Git
> tags within CBS. An example is
> http://cbs.centos.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=227958 , although that was
> "scratch = True", and future builds will not be scratch builds. It is
> using the script at https://github.com/ktdreyer/ceph-ansible-cbs

Thanks for working on this Ken.

For which repos are you doing this? I.e. what subset of the following
is this now the case for?

 echo ceph-{jewel,luminous}-{release,testing,candidate}

TripleO CI uses ceph-ansible from centos-jewel (release) for the
voting job scenario001-multinode-oooq-container, so I'd rather we
didn't promote from testing to release until we know that
scenario001-multinode-oooq-container is passing with the new
ceph-ansible (otherwise we could break TripleO CI).

One way to test this is to have a submission which varies the line
below to use not ceph-jewel but ceph-jewel-testing (though there is no
mirror).

https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-quickstart/blob/5389b4c44b1e2c1dc30848359f8a415481cc86d1/config/release/tripleo-ci/consistent-master.yml#L74

  John