[redhat-ccm-list] Please provide stable 6.1 Release

Shackelford, John-Mason john-mason.shackelford at pearson.com
Wed Apr 21 15:46:16 UTC 2004

At Pearson Educational Measurement the cost of a scubscription is not an
issue. With over a billion in annual revenues the 16k licesnse fee is a drop
in the bucket. But interest in CCM here wouldn't get off the ground here
given that its development model does not promote a lively multi-vendor
development community. One has only to compare the development communities
around Java open source projects under managed by the Apache Foundation or
the Eclipse Foundation to see how RedHat's stewardship of CCM is
fundamentally flawed. Their strategy is to retain the revenue from existing
clients rather than launching a project which creates a whole industry and
becoming leaders of the new industry.

John-Mason Shackelford

Software Developer
Pearson Educational Measurement - eMeasurement Group

2510 North Dodge St.
Iowa City, IA 52245
ph. 319-354-9200x6214
john-mason.shackelford at pearson.com