[redhat-ccm-list] XSLT compilation errors (was: Re: required on cms)

Vadim Nasardinov vadimn at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 14:50:44 UTC 2004

On Friday 23 April 2004 09:56, Tom wrote:
> Okay, I will keep trying.  I've tried 6.1.0 nightly builds from two
> different days and I've also tried the APLAWS release and I've had the
> same issues with all of them.  I'll keep trying.
>
> By the way, when checking the logs regarding the errors I get, it's
> says that it "Failed to compile stylesheets.  2 errors detected".  Are
> there any general possibilities why this may be happening?

Any number of things.

First and foremost, there is a possibility of a syntactic error in the
stylesheets we ship.  Something like this:

  <xsl:temlate match="foo">
    <strong>misspelled "template"</strong>
  </xsl:template>

Second, some stylesheets are generated programmatically on the fly.
See PatternStylesheetResolver.  This may produce broken stylesheets,
if certain customizable parameters are not set correctly.

You can try changing the XSLT processor to get a better error message.
Some of them give more informative messages than others.  The way you
select an XSLT processor has changed a couple of times in recent
memory.  I don't remember offhand which is the most current way of
doing this.  Could be a parameter you set via "ccm set".  Could be an
environment variable.