[redhat-ccm-list] help required on cms

Eric Garza egarza at logictrends.com
Fri Apr 23 16:17:47 UTC 2004

Tom, I had a similar issue setting up the current release of APLAWS+. My
XSL issue was related to missing packages in the ccm.classpath or
ccm.webapp files that I created and placed into the /etc/ccm. The xsl
files were missing in the /usr/share/ccm/webapps directory. Check your
tomcat aplaws log to see what the exact xsl error is then check in the
webapps directory to make sure the xsl that failed is actually
installed. These files are attached. I did a production install using
the quickstart guide found on the APLAWS sourceforge site. Check out the
Redhat install guide too:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=71505&package_id=1
13522

Here's my basic install and some gotchas, hope this helps:

My environment:

- Postgres 7.3.4 on Fedora 1.91 - I had to downgrade Postgres 7.4. It
appears they have changed the way autocommit works. The driver and
database don't support it, they expect the applications to control
commits, so I was getting a transaction error when using the APLAWS+
Postgres driver

- Tomcat 4.1.27 on Windows 2000 will move this to RHEN 3 shortly for dev
end staging. There are few gotchas on Windows 2000. Forum is not working
for us yet using the "/ccm/portal/forum" relative uri, need to submit a
bug. There were some small xsl edits needed, as paths are case
sensitive, nothing major yet. Basic install steps follow:

1)       Setup the database and db user using doc.
2)       I setup my local environment using the attached setenv script.
I did a complete load from command line using:

ccm load-bundle --interactive --name aplaws-plus-complete

3)       Then I initialized Tomcat:

ccm hostinit-bundle --name aplaws-plus-complete --container=tomcat
http-port=8080 shutdown-port=8081

There is another gotcha here. The current service install script does
not pass JVM memory arguments to the tomcat.exe. This is easy to fix in
the script, but to fix after installing the Tomcat service follow these
directions:

a)       You can change the parameters in the Windows registry. Path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tomcat-localhost808
0\Parameters

b) Change the JVM Option Count value to the new value with the number of
parameters it will now have. In my case, I added two parameters -Xms512m
and -Xmx512m and it was 11 before so I bumped it to 13.

c) Then I created two more String values. I called the first one I added
'JVM Option Number 12' and the second 'JVM Option Number 13. Then I set
the value inside each. The first one I set to '-Xms512m' and the second
I set to '-Xmx512m'. Then I restarted Tomcat service and observed when I
did big processing the memory limit was now 512 MB, so it worked.

There's more. I am compiling a step by step journal I will make
available after I finish changing the theme and creating my new ccm
site. Still figuring that out. Good luck.

--
Eric Garza