[redhat-ccm-list] help required on cms

Tom tom415 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 23 17:42:48 UTC 2004

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your follow-up.  I am running on RH Linux 7.3, Tomcat
4.1.30,  and Postgres 7.3.4.

My issue had to do with a couple of files trying to import a
non-existent file (/__ccm__/servlet/content-type/index.xsl).  I
commented them out and I am able to proceed for now.  I haven't figured
out what, if anything, this non-existent file does.

Also, I saw your other post regarding using APLAWS+ about navigation
and access to pages and to the forum.  I have those exact same
questions, though I'm still learning and finding my way around the CMS
and the portal.

Take care,
Tom Baik

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=71505&package_id=1
> 13522
>
> Here's my basic install and some gotchas, hope this helps:
>
> My environment:
>
> - Postgres 7.3.4 on Fedora 1.91 - I had to downgrade Postgres 7.4. It
> appears they have changed the way autocommit works. The driver and
> database don't support it, they expect the applications to control
> commits, so I was getting a transaction error when using the APLAWS+
> Postgres driver
>
> - Tomcat 4.1.27 on Windows 2000 will move this to RHEN 3 shortly for
> dev
> end staging. There are few gotchas on Windows 2000. Forum is not
> working
> for us yet using the "/ccm/portal/forum" relative uri, need to submit
> bug. There were some small xsl edits needed, as paths are case
> sensitive, nothing major yet. Basic install steps follow:
>
> 1)       Setup the database and db user using doc.
> 2)       I setup my local environment using the attached setenv
> script.
> I did a complete load from command line using:
>
> ccm load-bundle --interactive --name aplaws-plus-complete
>
> 3)       Then I initialized Tomcat:
>
> ccm hostinit-bundle --name aplaws-plus-complete --container=tomcat
> http-port=8080 shutdown-port=8081
>
> There is another gotcha here. The current service install script does
> not pass JVM memory arguments to the tomcat.exe. This is easy to fix
> in
> the script, but to fix after installing the Tomcat service follow
> these
> directions:
>
> a)       You can change the parameters in the Windows registry. Path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tomcat-localhost808