[redhat-ccm-list] ccm/cms 6.1 production release

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 16:53:21 UTC 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 12:48:08PM -0400, Tuan Nguyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand that the production release of ccm/cms 6.1 is not available
> publicly, however, the current public release of APLAWS+ (under GPL)
> seems to be based upon ccm/cms 6.1. Why are there both a "production"
> quality release for 6.1 and at the same time a "nightly" version? I'm
> quite confused with the current state of the releases. Please clarify.

The current APLAWS+ release is based on an unofficial[1] release build
of CCM 6.1. The nightly builds are practically the same as the official
internal 6.1 release - just a few bug fixes have been added since release.
So at this point in time there is little difference between these three,
but of course it won't neccessarily stay like this for long - nightly
builds are the development, not stable, tree after all....

Dan.

[1] ie I built the Core & CMS packages a couple of days before the
    final internal 6.1 release.
--
|=-             Daniel P. Berrange  -  berrange at redhat.com              -=|
|=-   Red Hat, 338 Euston Road, London, NW1 3BT.  +44 (0)7977 267 243   -=|