[redhat-ccm-list] (no subject)

J.Anderton at wiganmbc.gov.uk J.Anderton at wiganmbc.gov.uk
Mon Aug 9 07:37:17 UTC 2004

Hello

Hope someone else has encountered this.
I am trying to install cms for use with Aplaws on Advanced Server 2.1. One
of the packages produces a dependency warning as follows...
	root at aplaws root]# rpm -Uvh
ccm-tools-servlet-resin-2.1.1-2.noarch.rpm
	error: failed dependencies:
	/usr/sbin/update-alternatives is needed by
ccm-tools-servlet-resin-2.1.1-2
After some rooting on the net I gather that update-alternatives is
provisioned in chkconfig. However I am not sure a. if this is right b. which
version is correct.
I've already checked on the RedHat ftp site for an AS2.1 version of
chkconfig and there doesn't appear to be an obvious candidate. But a look on
rpm.pbone.net shows that earlier versions of chkconfig contain
/usr/sbin/update-alternatives.
TIA
Jem

the system manager.

MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses using Sophos
anti-virus software.

www.mimesweeper.com
www.sophos.com