[redhat-ccm-list] Upgraging CMS - 5.0 to 6.1

Hanson, Rob rhanson at aptegrity.com
Wed Jul 14 15:43:19 UTC 2004

Thanks for the info on documentation, it looks like I have a lot of reading
to do.

I have some other questions.  The specific work I need to do is on a CMS 5.0
system, and my questions are in regards to upgrading.  Are there
considerable differences between CMS 5.0 and 6.1?  Are there know issues
with upgrading the system?

I think that some of the work that I will need to do on this particular
system is to allow the users to preview their work on a staging server
before publishing to a production server.  Currently they input the data
twice, once on staging to preview, then again in the production environment
(hardly efficient or user friendly).  I mention this in case there any any
publishing enhancements in 6.1 that will be required to do this.

And again, sorry for the beginner questions, and thanks for the help.  I
haven't been given much time to get up to speed on this, so the answers are
greatly appreciated.

Rob